MAD//Fest Speaker Interview: Onefinestay's Amanda Dyjecinski On Mulling Where To Go On Holiday This Summer.
25 Jun, 2021
CMO of onefinestay, Amanda Dyjecinski, on her perfect working day, why brands need great empathy, and the 'high risk poker' game that is working out where she can travel this summer.
Pandemic and Brexit aside, 2021 is the year of what? Why?
Optimism. Following a year of pause and self-reflection, individuals and brands alike are emerging from a challenging year and looking at how they can improve themselves, take proactive yet cautious steps towards recovery and remain positive.
What are the 3 most exciting things on your to do list for today?
1. Signing off the last campaign asset for our new destinations, this one is a lovely ski based animation, I can't wait to see it in the market in the UK & USA.
2. Reviewing an analysis of where onefinestay could expand to for its next new destinations
3. Being interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter about our guests who travel to glamorous Cannes and what Concierge services are available to book
Who inspires you in adland? Why?
Mark Ritson due to his caustic takes on silly ideas and stupid executions in advertising & marketing.
What was the last ad your saw that made you buy something?
I'm in the market for another Apple product so I'm really interested in Apple's latest ads focusing on privacy which is a concern of mine. It's an interesting strategic play by Apple and one which I think they will do well from.
What’s your all time favourite ad campaign and why?
Classic American Express from the 1960s to 1980s. They have a laser focus on their target audience, I loved their print ads even more. I worked on the Amex account years ago whilst at OgilvyOne so I reviewed the brand’s archives of ads.
What’s your single biggest learning of 2020?
The need for brands to have empathy and play the long game, we took too long to learn this one.
How do you plan to take your business forward in 2021?
· We’ve seen a trend toward guests booking longer stays across our cities, so in March 2021 we launched a new longer stay offer, 30+ nights, to grow domestic stays.
· We've also just unveiled an exciting new campaign for the summer and beyond, as our curated collection grows by more than 500 homes and we broaden our footprint into 14 new desirable destinations globally, including 200+ homes across Europe from Ibiza, Mallorca, Corsica, Provence and more, and 300+ homes in U.S. mountain destinations, including Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge, Jackson Hole and more.
· As we have moved into the ski private rentals for the first time, we are excited to promote our new mountain retreats for the 2021/22 winter season as well as getting creative with promoting the destinations year-round for their nature and adventure pursuit opportunities.
· We are also promoting our complimentary concierge service to enable our guests to tailor their stay from booking top restaurants, events, the must-do activities). This high level of service and quality experience is what we are known for, so our mission is to continue to enhance our offering to attract new and returning guests.
What keeps you awake at night?
Mulling over where I can travel to this summer... feels like high risk poker!
What’s the biggest opportunity in marketing and advertising right now?
Tapping into the changing needs & desires of customers in this time of continued uncertainty and caution. We know that friends and families are eager to reconnect, so we're figuring out ways how to enable stays given the complexities of travel. We find that our guests are looking to us for advice on their travels; they want to get it right, avoid risk and spend with trusted travel brands like onefinestay.
What kind of innovation excites you the most?
Anything that makes my life a little bit better or easier.
Lockdown is over. The office is open. Describe your perfect working day...
Visit a home ahead of a guest arrival. Go for lunch with my London team. Read the latest travel trends report. Review conversion projects and their impact.
What would you most like to change about the ad industry?
Preoccupation with fads. With all the data that marketing collects can more decisions be made using it?
What are you speaking about at MAD//Anywhere?
Creativity & Experience as the Chief Brand & Marketing Officer at onefinestay this past year.
Amanda will be joining a stellar line-up of speakers at MAD//Fest all tackling 2021's theme, 'Where Do We Go From Here?' including Broadcaster June Sarpong OBE, S4 Capital Executive Chairman Sir Martin Sorrell, Ogilvy Vice-chair Rory Sutherland, Dishoom co-founder Shamil Thakrar, Facebook VP EMEA Nicola Mendelsohn CBE, Resi Founder Alexandra Depledge MBE Trinny London's CMO Shira Feuer and Boots CMO Pete Markey. With 4,000 people expected to attend Click here to secure your ticket.