MAD//Fest website and event terms and conditions of use
In this policy references to MAD//Fest, MAD//Masters, Hippocampus Media, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ are to Hippocampus Media Ltd which is company limited by guarantee (company number 11160601). MAD//Fest London and MAD//Masters are brands wholly-owned by Hippocampus Media. Hippocampus Media’s day to day trading name is MAD//Fest. Our trading address is MAD//Fest, 18 Crucifix Lane, London, SE1 3JW.
- The content of the pages of this website is subject to change without notice. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. You agree not to re-produce, re-distribute, re-transmit, publish or otherwise transfer or commercially exploit such information without MAD//Fest’s express written permission.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Booking Terms and Conditions - MAD//Fest
We take Festival ticket bookings via Webex Events. Pricing includes Webex Events’ fees.
You will receive confirmation from Webex Events when you make a ticket booking. Please make a note of this in case you have any queries relating to your booking.
Tickets are not sent out for this event - MAD//Fest is a mobile ticket only event to ensure that all attendees get the most up-to-date information, seamless networking opportunities and efficient access to the venue.
When the app is live, you will be sent information on how to download the app, which includes your ticket, the ability to schedule meetings and the Festival agenda.
We use Stripe via Webex Events payment processing to take payments for tickets.
If you would like a VAT invoice, please email email@example.com and we will send one to you.
In the event of the named delegate being unable to attend, a replacement delegate may be sent.
Please inform the organisers of any changes to delegates. The registration fee is nonrefundable. In the event of a delegate being unable to attend, the registration fee is still payable. In the event of the event being cancelled a full refund for the cost of the Festival ticket will be made.
MAD//Fest cannot be held responsible for the cost of any travel or accommodation expenses incurred to reach the seminar venue.
MAD//Fest reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice.
By registering for MAD//Fest, we can provide you with information regarding your booking via post, email, phone or social media.
Attendees may be contacted by email regarding future events and we may also contact you with information about our services that we deem of interest to you. You can unsubscribe, at any time, from these communications via the link in the emails. You can also contact us at Data Protection, MAD//Fest, 18 Crucifix Lane, London, SE1 3JW
We will collect personal data such as your name, job title, company, email address, phone number, postal address, country of residence and your credit card/debit card details if you are buying certain products and services such as tickets from us.
In order to run viable commercial events and personalise your event experience, we may also collect the following information:
- Dietary and special access requirements or provisions
- Your interest in various Festival topics, speaking opportunities, sponsorship, exhibiting and competitions
- Your event attendance preferences (e.g. your choices for attending workshops, meetings, seminars, content streams, dinners, breakfasts, lunches and other optional private events)
- Your wish to access gated content provided to us by partners (typically name, job title, email and telephone number)
- Information about your visit to MAD//Fest events such as the meetings, sessions, seminars, workshops, exhibitors, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, parties and other receptions you attended or wish to attend
- Location and IP address information
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites, applications and social media
Our app is designed to personalise your event experience. It is the best way to ensure that you have access to up-to-date essential event information such as the agenda and are able to request meetings with fellow attendees. When you download our app, your name, job title and company are visible to other event attendees (as they would be if we distributed printed delegate lists). You may receive meeting requests and/or messages from other attendees, which you may decide to accept or decline.
Use of Likeness
By attending an event organised by MAD//Fest you acknowledge and agree to grant MAD//Fest and its partners the right at the event to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you.
This grant to MAD//Fest includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media.
MAD//Fest reserves the right to amend the amounts of any bookings on which discount codes have been used incorrectly. This includes bookings paid for in advance and complimentary VIP passes. Any additional payments required will be invoiced.
We endeavour to make MAD//Fest London as accessible as possible for guests. Provisions we make include wheelchairs onsite, reserved seating for people with mobility issues on key stages and a hearing loop on the main (Hexagon) stage. Due to the nature of the venue, there are some areas of the festival that people with mobility issues may struggle with, such as the cobbles by the 93 Feet East Entrance. If you do have mobility issues please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can arrange for you to gain access through the Brick Lane Beach Entrance. Please let us know if you have any other special access requirements in advance so that we can advise and make the best possible provision within the constricts of the venue. Please also note that we cannot provide dedicated one-to-one support but we will make complimentary tickets available for carers and support persons.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
MAD//Fest is committed to promoting the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We use MAD//Fest to drive positive industry change through Flourish - our initiative with DigiLearning that gives young people from underrepresented groups a programme of workshops, masterclasses, practical tasks and mentoring to secure employment opportunities. Flourish led to 3 new jobs created in 2022 and we make an annual donation to DigiLearning based on app downloads. We also aim to promote and reflect diversity, equity and inclusion in our speaker line-up and through the topics covered in the agenda.
MAD//Fest is committed to promoting sustainable and ethical practices in event production. We source materials from reputable suppliers and minimise waste as much as we possibly can.
We encourage our partners to re-use their branded parasol for the following year and may take a £250 deposit to promote it being re-used. If parasols are left onsite by exhibitors, the £250 is donated to charity. All of our activation options - pagodas, picnic tables and cabanas - are 100% reusable, unlike many shows who will send branded exhibition booths to landfill.
All MAD//Fest attendees should be able to enjoy the event free from sexual harassment or intimidating behaviour. Our staff and partners - including bar, medical and security staff - are briefed to be a ‘safe space’ for attendees who feel vulnerable. We also operate the ‘Ask Angela’ initiative at bars so attendees can report inappropriate behaviour.
Booking Terms and Conditions - MAD//Masters
All Students must be over the age of 18 at time of purchasing the Course.
The Course is run in the English language. All Students must have a competent native level of English and possess a reasonable competence in English language reading, writing and speaking skills. The Student, by making a booking, takes full responsibility in determining whether the Course is suitable for their level of English.
MAD//Masters is a 12 week Course and will be run up to 4 times a year. The MAD//Masters Summer School will be an on demand learning course with the course content being live for 2 months over the Summer.
We take MAD//Masters bookings via the Webex Platform.
You will receive confirmation from MAD//Masters when you make a Course booking and payment has been made. Please make a note of this in case you have any queries relating to your booking. You will also receive a link to register for your free MAD//Fest ticket at the same time. Please refer to the Ts & Cs above for MAD//Fest.
MAD//Masters will send you your login details a few weeks prior to your Course commencing. These login details will allow you to access the fully digital Course and community of fellow Course participants.
Bookings for the Course are made through the MAD//Masters registration page. Payments will be taken via the Socio Platform. If you would like a VAT invoice, please email email@example.com and we will send one to you.
For Group Bookings of 5 - 9 please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a promo code to then make your booking via the website.
For Group Bookings of 10+ email email@example.com. An invoice will then be sent out to you. On payment, you
- will receive a promo code to go into the system to register each Student.
The registration fee for MAD//Masters is non-refundable under any circumstances.
In the event of the named Student being unable to take part in the booked Course, you may move your booking to a later Course within the same calendar year. Please inform the organisers via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 working days before the Course is due to start.
If a Student is unable to attend a Course within a calendar year they may transfer their booking to a colleague by writing to the organisers via email to email@example.com at least 10 working days before the Course is due to start.
If you have purchased MAD//Masters and have already accessed, downloaded all or part of the Online Course and/or started to contact other participants then you shall have no right to cancel your order.
In the event of the Course being cancelled by the Organisers, a full refund for the cost of the ticket will be made.
MAD//Masters reserves the right to make changes to the Course, pricing, timing, material and/or lecturers without prior notice.
By registering for MAD//Masters, we can provide you with information regarding your booking via post, email, phone or social media.
Registrants may also be contacted by email regarding MAD//Fest and any future events or Courses and we may also contact you with information about our services that we deem of interest to you. You can unsubscribe, at any time, from these communications via the link in the emails. You can also contact us at Data Protection, MAD//Masters, ℅ MAD//Fest, 18 Crucifix Lane, London, SE1 3JW.
We will collect personal data such as your name, job title, company, email address, phone number, postal address, country of residence and your credit card/debit card details if you are buying certain products and services such as tickets or Courses from us.
MAD//Masters aims to provide the Services to the highest standards of the industry. Neither it, nor its tutors accept any liability for (i) any inaccuracy or misleading information provided in the programmes or Course Materials and any reliance by the Student or their Company on any such information, (ii) any loss or corruption of data, (iii) any loss of profit, revenue or goodwill, or (iv) any indirect, special or consequential loss arising from any breach of the terms of this Agreement.
All Intellectual Property Rights in the Course Materials, Online Courses and the speeches made by MAD//Masters tutors are, and remain, the intellectual property of MAD//Masters or its licensors, whether adapted, written for or customised for the Student or not.
You are not authorised to:-
- (i) copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Course Materials without prior written permission;
- (ii) record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Online Course or Taught Course given
- (iii) use the Course Materials in the provision of any other Course or training whether given by us or any third party trainer;
- (iv) remove any copyright or other notice of MAD//Masters on the Course Materials;
- (v) modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer (save to the extent permitted by law) any software forming part of the Online Courses
- (vi) share your log in details with any other person for their use
Breach by you of this IP clause shall allow us to immediately terminate these terms and conditions with you and cease to provide you with the remainder of the Course
In consideration of the fees paid by you, we grant to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the Course materials and the software in respect of the Online Course for the sole purpose of completing the Online Course and / or attending the Taught Course should that situation arise.
Our MAD//Masters app is hosted by Webex Events and is designed to personalise your Course experience. It is the best way to access the Course, Course material as well as fellow Students. When you download our app, your name, job title and company are visible to other event Students.
MAD//Masters is an accredited member of CPD. It is up to the individual Student how many hours they put into the course to reach their desired CPD points. 1 hour = 1 CPD point.
We shall be entitled to terminate these terms and conditions and cease to provide you with any access to the Course with immediate effect in the event that you:
- fail to pay your Fees when due;
- act in an aggressive, bullying, offensive, threatening or harassing manner towards any employee of MAD//Masters, any teacher or lecturer who provides the Course or any student within the community;
- cheat or plagiarise any work which you are required to prepare or submit in connection with the Course or during any examination taken in connection with the Course;
- are in breach of any of the MAD//Masters terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions, together with the Website Disclaimer and Course Specific Terms and Conditions are the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any prior agreements and arrangements, whether written or oral. You confirm that you have not relied on any representations in entering into these and any other terms and conditions with us. Nothing in this clause or terms and conditions shall limit liability for any fraudulent misrepresentation.
Booking Terms and Conditions - ALL PRODUCTS
MAD//Masters and MAD//Fest shall not be liable to you for any breach of its obligations or termination under these terms and conditions arising from causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to pandemics, epidemics, fires, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes and other Acts of God, terrorism, strikes, delay caused by transport disputes, failure to provide a Course caused by a death in the tutor’s family, illness of the tutor, Government edict or regulation.
We may assign, transfer, sub-contract any of our rights or obligations to any third party at our discretion.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not, within your browser you can elect to receive notification when a cookie is sent or decline all cookies. Declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.