MAD//Fest website and event terms and conditions of use
In this policy references to MAD//Fest, Hippocampus Media, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ are to Hippocampus Media Ltd which is company limited by guarantee (company number 11160601). MAD//Fest London is a brand wholly-owned by Hippocampus Media. Our trading address is MAD//Fest, Burleigh House, 357 Strand, London WC2R 0HS.
- The content of the pages of this website is subject to change without notice. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. You agree not to re-produce, re-distribute, re-transmit, publish or otherwise transfer or commercially exploit such information without MAD//Fest’s express written permission.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Booking Terms and Conditions
We take conference bookings via Eventbrite. Pricing is exclusive of Eventbrite’s fees.
You will receive confirmation from Eventbrite when you make a ticket booking. Please make a note of this in case you have any queries relating to your booking.
Tickets are not sent out for this event - MAD//Fest is a mobile ticket only event to ensure that all attendees get the most up-to-date information, seamless networking opportunities and efficient access to the venue.
When the app is live, you will be sent information on how to download the app, which includes your ticket, the ability to schedule meetings and the conference agenda.
We use Eventbrite payment processing to take payments for tickets.
If you would like a VAT invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send one to you.
In the event of the named delegate being unable to attend, a replacement delegate may be sent.
Please inform the organisers of any changes to delegates. The registration fee is nonrefundable. In the event of a delegate being unable to attend, the registration fee is still payable. In the event of the event being cancelled, a full refund for the cost of the conference ticket will be made.
MAD//Fest cannot be held responsible for the cost of any travel or accommodation expenses incurred to reach the seminar venue. MAD//Fest reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice.
By registering for MAD//Fest, we can provide you with information regarding your booking via post, email, phone or social media.
Attendees may be contacted by email regarding future events and we may also contact you with information about our services that we deem of interest to you. You can unsubscribe, at any time, from these communications via the link in the emails. You can also contact us at Data Protection, MAD//Fest, Burleigh House, 357 Strand, London WC2R 0HS
We will collect personal data such as your name, job title, company, email address, phone number, postal address, country of residence and your credit card/debit card details if you are buying certain products and services such as tickets from us.
In order to run viable commercial events and personalise your event experience, we may also collect the following information:
- Dietary and special access requirements or provisions
- Your interest in various conference topics, speaking opportunities, sponsorship, exhibiting and competitions
- Your event attendance preferences (e.g. your choices for attending workshops, meetings, seminars, content streams, dinners, breakfasts, lunches and other optional private events)
- Your wish to access gated content provided to us by partners (typically name, job title, email and telephone number)
- Information about your visit to MAD//Fest events such as the meetings, sessions, seminars, workshops, exhibitors, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, parties and other receptions you attended or wish to attend
- Location and IP address information
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites, applications and social media
Our app is designed to personalise your event experience. It is the best way to ensure that you have access to up-to-date essential event information such as the agenda and are able to request meetings with fellow attendees. When you download our app, your name, job title and company are visible to other event attendees (as they would be if we distributed printed delegate lists). You may receive meeting requests and/or messages from other attendees, which you may decide to accept or decline.
Use of Likeness
By attending an event organised by MAD//Fest you acknowledge and agree to grant MAD//Fest and its partners the right at the event to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you.
This grant to MAD//Fest includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media.
MAD//Fest reserves the right to amend the amounts of any bookings on which discount codes have been used incorrectly. This includes bookings paid for in advance and complimentary VIP passes. Any additional payments required will be invoiced.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not, within your browser you can elect to receive notification when a cookie is sent or decline all cookies. Declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We endeavour to make MAD//Fest London as accessible as possible for guests. Provisions we make include wheelchairs onsite, reserved seating for people with mobility issues on key stages and a hearing loop on the main (Hexagon) stage. Due to the nature of the venue, there are some areas of the festival that people with mobility issues may struggle to access, principally the Mezzanine stage. We do make all of the content from this stage available via a livestream on the MAD//Fest app. Please let us know if you have any special access requirements in advance so that we can advise and make the best possible provision. Please also note that we cannot provide dedicated one-to-one support but we will make complimentary tickets available for carers and support persons.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
MAD//Fest is committed to promoting the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We use MAD//Fest to drive positive industry change through Flourish - our initiative with DigiLearning that gives young people from underrepresented groups a programme of workshops, masterclasses, practical tasks and mentoring to secure employment opportunities. Flourish led to 3 new jobs created in 2022 and we make an annual donation to DigiLearning based on app downloads. We also aim to promote and reflect diversity, equity and inclusion in our speaker line-up and through the topics covered in the agenda. We scrutinise the ethical standards of speakers and the businesses they work for.
MAD//Fest is committed to promoting sustainable and ethical practices in event production. We source materials from reputable suppliers and minimise waste by working with suppliers such as StackCup. This means our glassware is fully re-usable and we do not single use plastics for serving drinks. Beer is served in recycled cans or bottles.
We also encourage our partners to re-use their branded parasol for the following year and take a £250 deposit to promote it being re-used. If parasols are left onsite by exhibitors, the £250 is donated to charity. All of our activation options - pagodas, picnic tables and cabanas - are 100% reusable, unlike many shows who will send branded exhibition booths to landfill.
All MAD//Fest attendees should be able to enjoy event free from sexual harassment or intimidating behaviour. Our staff and partners - including bar, medical and security staff - are briefed to be a ‘safe space’ for attendees who feel vulnerable. We also operate the ‘Ask Angela’ initiative at bars so attendees can report inappropriate behaviour.